Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Martin Harris Pageant

Had the opportunity to go to the Martin Harris pageant in Clarkston this evening with my mom and dad, Geneice, Weston, and my Malaree. Boy things have changed in that pageant. We used to go over to it all the time because it talked about my great-great grandma Annie Jardine who met Martin Harris as a little girl. Now they pretty well have cut her out of the play and focused mainly on Martin...as it should be I guess since it is called the Martin Harris pageant. Still I remember hearing her name in the pageant and how proud I was to be a relative of her and to have part of her name as my own. I love Clarkston!! Needless to say the pageant was good... not as long as it used to be...thank heavens you get tb after too much sitting. We should all be grateful for our ancestors and the legacy they left for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment